RE: Brad's policies

As hard as it might be to enforce this as a bona fide rule, I think this
would be a great guideline for any list. This would also help me compile
the data for my Psych Master's Thesis entitled "Seasonal and Lunar
Change and the Conundrum Factor on FrameMaker Email Lists."

I know Brad reads this list, so he's keen to our ideas, subplots, and
munchkin chants over here. It would be quite a bit less ominous and
onerous (borrowing from Deborah's last words) to have a few guidelines
rather than an exhaustive list of rules and punishment for new
subscribers.

The antagonistic sentiment, no matter how small a fraction of the total
user base it stems from, demands attention. A list administrator should
be a relatively silent figure who helps foster diplomacy and democracy
among users. Flame me for making generalized statements, but I would
wager that a great many folks would be happy to see peace in the land of
Frame. Unfortunately, the peace could only be made if egos are laid
aside, the past forgotten, and a new lawless brand of Framing is
allowed. This is highly unlikely to ever patch the distrust and ill will
between many of our greatest experts, but hey, I'm an optimist.

Jason Aiken
Frame Templar

>>> <KMcLauchlan@chrysalis-its.com> 03/02/00 03:09PM >>>

Surely it couldn't be too hard to come up with a
list of useful categories into which most FrameUsers posts
would fall? That could include one or two "catch-all"
categories, like :HUMOR and :MISC or :WOT (way off
topic).