Frame or Related Training in LA?

Question:
Do anybody know of any interesting training that takes place in the L.A. area related to Frame, tech writing, typography, or desktop publishing? Our director here has asked me to cough up some training plans and the budget for it - by Friday. And I have as a hidden agenda a visit to some folks in L.A. while on a training sojourn.

Background

Some background: I know Frame pretty well. I've designed a suite of templates before,  but I don't use "power" functionality like FrameScript. Most of what I do is by hand, not automated. Also, I need to be more savvy with the relation to Acrobat. In the tech writing department, I'd be into a "refresher" on designing tech pubs, developing tech pub standards, that sort of thing. I've done a fair amount of it but am completely self taught. For desktop publishing, the world is pretty open: in this I'm also self taught. I would love to learn more about typography. Currently, I use Robert Bringhurst's Elements of Typography as my "bible", and largely "steal" from what I like. I have a good design sense (I've drawn all my life - my mother taught me) but I'm weak on creating illustrative material on and for the computer.

I'd truly appreciate any ideas that you might have. Thanks!

Colin