Re: Make that puppy SIT!

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:42:23 -0500 , Kevin McLauchlan
<KMcLauchlan@chrysalis-its.com> wrote:

>How do I persuade that frame:
>
>1) to live outside the main flow area (in side-head
>   country)
>
>2) to have the top of the frame always be even
>   with the insertion point on the page
>
>3) to force the frame and its associated main-flow
>   paragraph to the next page, if there's not enough
>   room on the current page?

You're very close.  You just have it anchored in the wrong
place.  If you want it in the sidehead area, anchor it there,
in a sidehead.  Make the sidehead format with no space
above or below, 2pt text size, and -2 pt leading, and set
its sidehead alignment to Top Edge. Anchor your frame in
it "Below Current Line".  There you are.

You might also consider using a one-celled table instead of
an anchored frame, as that will self-adjust to the amount
of content you put into it.  Anchor it the same way.

I'm sending you an example FM file separately, off-list.
Play with it, but remember to Refresh any time it looks
strange; it really does do what you want.

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/