Make that puppy SIT!

Hi all,

It's mental block time.

A medium-small anchored frame contains a filled-rectangle
as background and a text frame over that background.

How do I persuade that frame:

1) to live outside the main flow area (in side-head
   country)

2) to have the top of the frame always be even
   with the insertion point on the page

3) to force the frame and its associated main-flow
   paragraph to the next page, if there's not enough
   room on the current page?

As usual, my non-Frame-friendly brain doesn't see
the answer in the docs.

Here's the extended explanation of what I'm trying
to do, if the above is insufficient:
My layout is single-column with "room for side-heads".
In addition to headings, I've previously put little
graphic items like Warning and Caution icons in the
side-head space.  Works fine, but they were small...

Now, I've started putting some colored-background
text boxes out there, to highlight and expand on
items in the main flow. To keep them WITH the relevant
part of the text flow, I used anchored frames set
for "Outside of Column". My insertion point is
always at the beginning of a body paragraph. The
text box (in its frame, with its colored background)
would start alongside the main-flow para that
contains the insertion point and extend down the
side-head region, some arbitrary length.

It seemed to work fine until I did some re-flowing.
Now that some of the insertion points have slid down
their respective pages, the associated text-box frames
start way, way up the page and continue some arbitrary
amount past the main-flow paragraph with the insertion
point.

That is, the anchored frame seems to "care" only
loosely that it be near its main-flow insertion
point. It'll stay on the same page, but otherwise
seems happy to slide up or down, as long as some
part of it's length is sorta near the insertion point.
"Sorta near" is not really good enough.

I can pull each one into position (they won't drag,
but they can be "tricked" by judicious resizing), but
that lasts only until the main-flow text happens to
reflow again.

It's probably explained in excruciating detail under
a keyword I haven't thought of, but...  any suggestions?

Thank you.

/k