=?koi8-r?Q?Re:_!!!_FrameMaker_f=FCr_Linux_!!!?=

----- Original Message -----
From: Nagai, Paul <pnagai@visa.com>
To: <framers@frameusers.com>; <framers@omsys.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 8:45 PM
Subject: RE: !!! FrameMaker für Linux !!!

> > Adobe has made a beta version of FrameMaker for Linux available for
> > download. Information and the link is already available at the
> > (frame-users.de) site.
> > Here's the link on Adobe's site:
> > http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/fmlinux.html
> >
> Regarding all the noise over the last year re: Adobe's plans (or rumored
> lack thereof) for FrameMaker, this announcement ought to set reasonable
> minds to rest.
It is very strange - it was told form Adobe to Framers that FrameMaker 6 should be released at  May 2000.
According to common sense FM 6 should be an "Adobe Unicode CoolType" application like InDesign, Acrobat 4, GoLive 4 etc.
I don't understand wherefore Adobe starts to spend its money for hard rewriting of OLD FM 556's code if NOW (evidently) presents the
beta-testing of FM6 written in NEW code?

Very peculiary..

Dmitri Yunov
yudmi@star.spb.ru

Support/consulting for multilingual computing
Multilingual font technology> ------