Re: Display problem (& tip for font display problems)

Michael,

1) Following some recent (non-FM) problems that I had with display on
one of our machines, my first instinct would be to go to the Virge
website and verify that you have the latest version of their driver for
your version of NT.

2) I would also verify that, to the extent possible with your driver,
that you have maximized the Video Hardware Acceleration (in your video
display properties/setup).  HOWEVER, IF THIS IS NOT ALREADY SET TO THE
MAXIMUM, PROCEED WITH CAUTION -- IF YOUR SYSTEM HAS OTHER PROBLEMS OR
OTHER APPLICATIONS WHICH ARE NOT 100% BEHAVED, CHANGING THIS SETTING
COULD CAUSE CRASHES -- OR IT COULD IMPROVE YOUR LIFE.  IF YOU DO
ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS, BE SURE TO IMMEDIATELY SET THIS SETTING BACK TO ITS
ORIGINAL VALUE.

(Note to all -- FM RELATED: I recently installed a new video driver
version on a Win95 PC that was having terrible crash problems.  All the
problems went away.  However, the driver's default did not have video
hardware acceleration set to the maximum.  In FM, certain serifed PS
fonts looked terrible, all jaggy and thin.  As soon as I set the video
hardware acceleration to maximum (and rebooted), the font appearance in
FM was SUPER!)

Jay

--
Jay Smith