RE: Acrobat 4.0.5 on NT

I suspect that the "publishing unfriendliness" that is designed into NT is a big part of the problem and that the hope is that everyone will quickly upgrade to Win2000 in short order once it is officially released. I can sympathize with the sense that developing for a flawed platform is futile when the replacement is on the horizon.

Best,

Craig
Los Jugadores Bazutadores

>>> "Banttari, Ananda" <Ananda_Banttari@sdsi.com> 11/17/99 11:28AM >>>
> For those of you picking up a copy of Acrobat 4.05 for Windows,
> note that the product will automatically install the AdobePS 5.1.1
> driver on WinNT4. This is the same 5.1.1 driver that fails to create
> PDFs with links from FM 5.5.6.

Good grief. So I had to pay $99 for an upgrade, then $20 for a patch
that causes *another* bug. Has anyone checked whether or not 4.0.5
actually works with the 5.1 driver??? And are there ANY plans to
release a 4.0.5 (4.0.6?) that does NOT include the buggy driver? How
much is that going to cost?!?!

Can we please get the Acrobat people, the Frame people, and the
PS driver people all in one room to talk to each other???

in annoyance and frustration,
Ananda Stevens
ananda@sdsi.com