RE: SUMMARY: FM+SGML vs. Arbor Text....yeah, but can it do THIS?

Any search for SGML&XML tools should start at "The Whirlwind
Guide to SGML & XML Tools and Vendors",

  http://www.infotek.no/sgmltool/guide.htm

If you want to have to have integrated editing and composition,
FrameMaker+SGML is an obvious choice. I think you have more options
if you are willing to select different tools for editing,
page composition, and storage management.

There's an editing environment that is as overlooked as 3B2:
Documentor. Take a look at Documentor and other products and
services from Excosoft,

  http://www.excosoft.se/index.htm

Documentor is fairly complete as an SGML&XML authoring tool, with
quite sophisticated features for linking. For page composition, you
will have to supplement with something else.

Me, I like editing with emacs + psgml. Tables are difficult, though.
And I really look forward to something that handles Unicode well.

Kind regards,
Peter Ring