Re: BradFramers down again?

Dan Emory wrote:

>...The Friday to mid-Monday or Tuesday shutdown of the bradlist has become
>almost a weekly phenomenom.
>
>Contrast this with Free Framers, which has been operating for more than a
>year with hardly a glitch.

Hmmmm... I just now received Free Framers digests #245 and #246. The
former contains our discussion about Warnock's speech, which took
place mostly late last week. I think a four-day delay qualifies as a
"glitch." It's not the first time it's happened.

I usually don't air these gripes, because I'm grateful to have both
lists available and I'll put up with occasional delays in service. I
just want to point out that no mailing list is without its occasional
lapses.

As for the "bradlist" shutting down all weekend, I wouldn't notice
because I don't read either list during the weekend. :-) I suspect
that most of us post from work in any case, because that's where we
notice the problems.

>Isn't it time for a revolution by BradFramers? ....

That's partly what this list is about, no? A "revolution" would
simply involve everyone unsubscribing from that list and joining
this one. I'll continue to subscribe to both lists, as long as
there is relevant information on both.

Internet services, like physical services, are prone to glitches.
As a friend of mine recently wrote:

   LIFE IS... ERRORS... PROBLEMS... SCREWUPS... SNAFUS.

   The alternate has no errors, problems, screwups or snafus.
   It's called DEATH.

I won't burden the list any further with this, but I'll be happy to
take it off-line.

	Larry