Re: ID - Export

At 12:44 PM 10/15/99 +0200, Dirk Schramm wrote:
>Hi framers
>I have an element (Uebersicht) with an optional attribute "ID". The value of
>this attribute is generate by Frame automatically, if I have a link
>(cross-reference) to this element. When exporting to SGML, Elements, which
>attribues have no value are exported without this attribute. The problem is,
>that I need the every element "Uebersicht" with an unique ID exported. Is
>there a possibility to generate an Unique ID for this element on export?.
It might be possible to create an FDK client for this purpose. Such a client
would have to operate as follows:

        Upon insertion of each new element, test to see if that
        element has an ID attribute. If it does, produce a value
        for the new element's ID attribute.

If it's not feasible to create such an FDK client, your only alternative is
to do it manually. That is:

        Immediately after insertion of each new element having
        an ID attribute, insert a cross-reference to it so that
        FM+SGML will create a value in the source's ID attribute.
        Then you can delete the cross-reference (deleting the
        cross-reference does not delete the ID value in the source
        element).
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646