Re: Graphics blurry in PDF

Krista,

I may not be able to answer your question, but please POST two more
pieces of information;

1) Have you checked your Distiller (the program, not the driver) Job
Options to see if image compression is turned on and what your image
compression settings are.

2) What type of graphics/image file have you used (tiff, eps, etc.,
etc.)

3) Did you use the proper (Distiller -- the name may vary) "virtual
printer driver" when you printed to a PS file.

Good luck.

Jay Smith

krista@pulsemicro.com wrote:

> I've used 24-colour bitmaps in a FrameMaker book and created a PDF. The
> graphics are poor quality on screen and when printed. The best way to
> describe them is blurry. Also, some graphics are black and white and other
> maintain their original colours. Any ideas on how to improve the quality of
> the graphics and why graphics are turning up black and white?
>
> Krista O'Reilly
> Pulse Microsystems
> Mississauga, ON, Canada

>     1999 FrameUsers Conference: http://www.FrameUsers.com/conference/
>      Dr. John Warnock Keynote on Adobe and the Future of FrameMaker
>     Don't miss a special 2-day conference course with Shlomo Perets

Jay Smith

e-mail: Jay@JaySmith.com

Jay Smith & Associates
P.O. Box 650