Re: All paragraph styles are not appearing in PDF

In FM5.1 there is the additional problem of the tags that exist solely in generated files not  showing up in the picklist. We use a unique tag formats the title in some of our generated files and this does not show up since it is not used in the non-generated files in the book. Our solution is to put that format into the catalog of one of the files in the book (we chose the first file in the book, tho' it doesn't matter where it is put as long as the file is non-generated).

Is this fixed in FM 5.5.6 (or, to Mark H., in FM 6.0)?

Craig Ede
Los Jugadores Bazutadores

Shlomo wrote>>>>>>
You wrote (to the Framers' list):

> I'm trying to create a PDF in v5.1 however, when in the 'Acrobat Setup'
> screen all paragraph styles do not appear in the 'Do Include', 'Don't
> include' boxes.
> I need one heading style in particular to appear as a bookmark.
>
> Can anyone tell me why Acrobat Setup is not displaying *all* my styles?
> What can I do the missing style in my PDF?

- In the context of an individual document:

It is possible that you have paragraph formats that are in use but
are not stored in the catalog (this happens if the "store in catalog"
check box in the New Format dialog box is off, or if you have paragraph
formats which were deleted, but still have paragraph using these styles).
Such formats are regarded as a local paragraph property, and therefore
you will have an asterisk in front of them in the paragraph formats
drop-down list or in the status area. To fix this, click the paragraph
and then choose the New Format command (paragraph drop-down list or
Paragraph Designer, commands).

- In the context of a book:

Initially, the book is only "aware" of the paragraph format catalog
of your first document (these are stored as part of the book file).
If you add chapters with different catalogs, you have to use Generate >
Update from the book menu so that the book will list all paragraph
formats in relevant dialog boxes ("include"/"don't include" in generated
lists and Acrobat Setup). The updated list might not be saved as
part of the book if there are no additional changes in the book set-up;
if you don't see the required paragraph, just click Generate > Update
again.