No Verification of 5.5.6 on Mac

I beg your indulgence if this topic has been covered previously.

Our department runs Frame 5.5.6 on Unix with great success
and only minimal problems (like superseding our keywords with
its own in the PostScript box), but a major difference between
the Unix version and the Mac version that we just got (for our
Illustrator, natch) is that the Unix version shows "Version 5.5.6"
on the splash screen when loading and when an "About" is
selected.  This is NOT true on the Mac, which claims to be at
Version 5.5 everywhere except on a small piece of tape on the
outside of the box it came in.

How do you know for certain that the software is the one you
paid for on the Mac?  Since we paid good money for the 5.5
to 5.5.6 upgrade, I would like some assurance that we do in
fact have the right version.  Any suggestions?

-- Tom