RE: [techwr-l] Unisys in the news again

oops, in snipping madness I took out the attribution: this post was sent to
techwri-L  by:

Bill  Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
International Communications Design & Development
billdb@ile.com
Y2K Complacent

Upshot:
"...if the GIFs on your Web site were created with software that is licensed
by Unisys, you are fine. Nobody at Unisys is going to try to get $5000 or
even $0.50 out of you. Period."

"...virtually all of the major, heavily-used, commercial graphics programs
from what he calls "reputable companies" (e.g. Adobe, Corel, JASC,
Macromedia, Microsoft, AOL/Netscape, etc.) are licensed by Unisys. He said
that even the "included" software packaged with most scanners and digital
cameras is licensed. Use it, create all the GIFs you want with it, post
those GIFs to your heart's content, and relax. Unisys will not come after
you."

As a leading service provider to technical writers, we are proud to sponsor

Rely on ForeignExchange for responsive and professional
software localization and technical translation services.

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: DinaD@XANTREX.COM