Re: Right/Left Page Management for Special Pages

Harvey,

As Dan has outlined, this business is obnoxious.

If I remember correctly, your FM content is essentially a flow coming from a
proprietary data base environment.  In any case, since you are having to
massage everything coming through, you should be able to get very close to the
FrameScript solution that Rick Quatro has made.

I note in your question, however, that you are not so concerned with _pairs_
of pages, but of _individual_ pages.  Thus using Rick's solution might not be
what you want.

However, while *I* have not tried to do this with FrameScript myself, it would
seem to me that it would be reasonably possible to use FrameScript to cause
master page assignment for any one page, based on virtually any structural or
content element of/on a page.  There may be some tedious looping involved,
but, based on the other work I have done in FrameScript, it sounds doable.

If you do do it, I would very much like a copy of the script -- I will have
something needing it coming up soon.  :)

If you are not yet using FrameScript, you "should" be -- at least if you are
doing the kind of work you were planning on doing when we last communicated.

You might also want to subscribe to the FrameScript group:

  eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/framescript-users

There is not much activity yet, but one has to start somewhere.

Jay

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com