RE: tag conversion utility

Lee:

Hi, I corresponded with you when working at HP, Blackburn, many years ago.
(I know that YOU know what to do **manually** -- the following is for the
benefit of newbies.)  The preferred algorithm is to iterate the following
steps over all the files in your book:

1.	Create a new empty document from your new template.

2.	Select all in flow from the old document and paste into the new
empty document.

	(The alternative of importing from your new template into your old
document
 	means all your old tags are still there in their catalogues,
cluttering up
 	your nice new document.)

3.	File > Import > Format from current with all attributes enabled and
remove
 	other overrides set.

 	This converts any para and other tags with matching names to the new
look.

4.	Select an old para that did not convert and apply the new para tag.

5.	Place your cursor in the converted para and copy the para tag
attributes
 	to the clipboard with Esc e y p.

6	Find all instances of the old para and paste the contents of the
clipboard.

 	Use Edit > Find/Change, with Find Paragraph Tag <paraTagName> and
 	Change By Pasting.

7.	Apply steps 4 to 6 in similar ways to change tables, cross-ref
formats, etc.

Have you considered rolling your own utility using FrameScript?  It could
easily do the above and more.  Check out
<http://www.framescript.com/default.htm>: there's an evaluation download and
user manuals you can read to determine if what you want is possible.

--
Regards,
Hedley Finger   Technical Writer

Ericsson Australia Pty Ltd
StarHUB NMOSS Project
Level 34.66   Melbourne Central Tower
Elizabeth Street   Melbourne VIC 3000   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9301 6214   Cell. +61 412 461 558   Fax. +61 3 9301 6199
Email. hedley.finger@ericsson.com.au

Hand Holding Projects Pty Ltd
28 Regent Street   Burwood VIC 3125   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Cell. +61 412 461 558   Fax. +61 3 9809 1326
Email. hfinger@handholding.com.au