FrameMaker Wish List

Hi Mark -- here is my current list of things I wish FM did.
Grant
===========================
- Book level Search and Replace

- Multi-file attribute setup for Books

- Automatic Chapter numbering for books (for generated page number)

- In Cross-reference dialog box, the ability to open an existing file
that is not currently open.

- "Memory" for graphic paths that can be defined for the document.
Currently, if you change where graphics are, then you have to update
every graphic individually.  Yes, FM remembers the path in the short
term, but as soon as it has to use a second path, it forgets the
first.  Most of the Winhelp authoring tools already offer this
feature, so it's not impossible.

- Ability to automagically reference an external document for
variable data.
I.e., look at Reference.FM for the definition of the variable
<ProgramName>.
This reference should be able to be applied at a book level as well
as at the document level.

- XML validation tools  (even just simple ones for case, nesting, and
closure) in FM as well as FM+SGML.

- Macro/automation tool  (I.e. Framescript).

- Resizable "Select window" for when there are more than 10 FM files
open.