Re: Unwanted Cross-Ref Formats

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Sarah O'Keefe wrote:

> >I'm still looking for some way to remove unwanted cross-reference formats
> >from an entire book file without opening each individual file and deleting
> >them.
>
> I suspect that the lack of response is because there's not an automated way
> to do this through the GUI. If you're talking about a significant number of
> files, I would recommend saving them to MIF and stripping out the unwanted
> cross-reference formats there.
> This should be scriptable using perl or something similar.

On UNIX, try my script 'mifclean':

Usage:  mifclean  [ -hudptcvxPTCVX ]  [ -s ]  <MIF files>

"Cleans" the specified MIF files from things that are not used ...
-x      From the Xref "catalog", delete all X-ref formats that are
	never used.

After this, reimport X-ref formats from a template.
I also have an unreleased version that deletes specifically named
formats, of diiferent types (paragraphs, x-refs, variables, etc.)

For more info, see http://hem1.passagen.se/framers/mifscripts
or email me privately.

Thomas Michanek, Documentation Manager, Telelogic Tau
Telelogic AB, Teknikringen 9, SE-58330 Linkoping, SWEDEN
PHONE:  +46 (0)13 211450   <--  *** new from April 1 ***
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telelogic.com
WWW 1:  http://www.telelogic.com
WWW 2:  http://hem1.passagen.se/framers