Re: line numbers?

E Dunn,

While autonumbering can theoretically work, how would you propose to manage
the autonumbering...

   In a document using umpteen tags?  (? Have two other master documents that
have all the same tags -- and they have to be maintained in sync for all other
tag features (very hard to reliably do) -- and import the formats from each,
as needed?

   For paragraphs that are of the "lead in" type?

   To put the line numbers at a constant distance from the binding edge (where
people are accustomed to looking for them) instead of immediately in front of
the text.

One thought -- IF the autonumber concept can appropriately work given the
other formatting problems -- is to make a COPY of your document and on the
COPY run a FrameScript script that sets autonumbering and turns it on for all
paragraph formats or maybe all non-runin paragraph formats.

I have copied this to the FrameScript folks for possible further ideas from
their quarter.

If somebody has a more straight forward way to do "line numbers", PLEASE post
it!

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com

The Press for History(tm), The Press for Education(tm),
The Press for [Your Industry](tm), The Press for....(tm)
  On-demand printing and binding of hardbound books.
  Minimum run one copy.

P.O. Box 650
Snow Camp, NC  27349  USA

Phone: Int+US+336-376-9991