Finding table overrides

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Banttari, Ananda wrote:

> Now the follow-up question: How can you tell if a table's format
> has been modified from its default, without going into the table
> designer for every table you need to check? Paragraph and character
> formats have the * before the name if they have been modified, but
> that does not seem to be the case with table formats.

Convert the file to MIF. Go into the "<Tbls" section, and look for
all tables "<Tbl" whose "<TblTag" is immediately followed by a
"<TblFormat". These tables are overrides compared to the catalog.
To find out where such a table is in the file, look at the "<TblID"
number (nn) and search for the corresponding "<ATbl nn>".

Easy, huh? Of course, you could automate (script) this.
My 'mifformats' script for UNIX does this for paragraph overrides,
and perhaps I could be persuaded to add table overrides. ;-)

BTW, a sample output of 'mifformats' on a file:
LISTING OVERRIDES IN FILES:
rtos.MIF : Paragraph overrides

  -- Paragraph Tag: Sub
  -- Override:
     PAGINATION Start: Top of Page
  -- Page: 29
  -- Associated Text:
Connection to the Environment

  -- Paragraph Tag: Paragraph
  -- Override:
     BASIC Space Below:  5.0 pt
  -- Page: 29
  -- Associated Text:
Since there are some fundamental differences between different RTOS

  -- Paragraph Tag: ParagraphIndent
  -- Override:
     BASIC Space Above:  4.0 pt
     BASIC Space Below:  9.0 pt
     FONT Family: `Courier'
     FONT Size:  12.0 pt
  -- Page: 57
  -- Associated Text:
make -f MakefileSimple OSETRACE

NOTE: mifformats hasn't been adopted to MIF v5.5 yet.

Thomas Michanek, Documentation Manager, Telelogic Tau
Telelogic AB, Teknikringen 9, SE-58330 Linkoping, SWEDEN
PHONE/FAX:  +46 (0)13 200656/212166
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telelogic.com
WWW 1:  http://www.telelogic.com
WWW 2:  http://hem1.passagen.se/framers