Re: Default Anchored Frame Positioning

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Dan Emory wrote:

> If there is a consensus that such a feature would be a good idea, why don't
> all of us who like the idea put our names on an enhancement request and send
> it to Adobe. However, since Adobe no longer has an e-mail address for such
> requests, someone with a support subscription will have to send it.

This again raises the question whether we should develop a system
for framers to publically add and send in enhancement requests
for FrameMaker. A few systems have been tried in the past, but
without much success, as I recall. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The problem is that setting up such a (Web-based?) system, and
then maintaining it and getting it to be effective, is such a
big and time-consuming task that few people can do it...

I cannot connect to FrameUsers.com at the moment, so I cannot
say if there is a working system there. The old system, developed
by Conrad Taylor, can be seen at:
http://www.ideography.co.uk/framers/

Again, it's easy to say "let's do it", but it takes a lot of effort
to keep such a system up and going. And then there's the question
of whether it would be worth the effort, considering that Adobe
seems to mainly listen to requests with 1,000+ licenses behind them.
But that's another story in frameland.

Ideas, comments?

Thomas Michanek, Documentation Manager, Telelogic Tau
Telelogic AB, Teknikringen 9, SE-58330 Linkoping, SWEDEN
PHONE/FAX:  +46 (0)13 200656/212166
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telelogic.com
WWW 1:  http://www.telelogic.com
WWW 2:  http://hem1.passagen.se/framers