Re: FW: Acrobat and Screen Captures

There is a known problem in Acrobat 3.0x Reader and Exchange
in terms of viewing images, but not printing them. This will be
fixed in the next major rev of the product.

Simply stated, unless you display at the same or close to the
same resolution as the data in the image, the image does not
look particularly good. There is a problem in downsampling.
Thus, if you distill and downsample to 72dpi, you will get better
looking screen display of images, but the printing sucks. If
you don't downsample (and assuming you had decent resolution to
start with), the display sucks and printing is fine.

Sorry, but for the time being, your choice is a headache or an
upset stomach. PDF files that are prepared with the current software
(Distiller 3.02) will both print and display fine with the next
version of Acrobat if you don't downsample now.

	- Dov