	From:  Jay Smith[SMTP:jay@jaysmith.com]
	Sent:  Saturday, October 24, 1998 20:29
	To:  Frame List; framers@omsys.com
	Subject:  Help!  Find/Replace crashing  FM553 Win95

	It's late at night and I don't have time for this "stuff".

	Win95  FM553

	In Find/Replace:

	Find text: "string "  (is "XXXS ")

	Replace text: *nothing*

	There are perhaps 100 occurrences in the document.  I have tried
	making other text strings -- it doesn't seem to make a
difference what
	the text content is.  It also does NOT matter if the text is
plain or
	superscripted (see below).

	You can Find/Change perhaps 2-3 dozen times before it crashes.
If you
	try to do Change All In Document, it crashes immediately.  The
crash
	takes down FM, but the PC is okay.  It generates an error file
to send
	to Adobe.

	I have not seen this mentioned before.  Did I miss it?

	ALTERNATIVES??  Assuming that there is no workaround other than
FM
	556, my goal is:  The original document is in WordPerfect 8.  I
am
	trying to capture the superscript information in such a way that
I can
	apply the superscripts in FM using a Character Tag.  In WP8, I
use
	their find/replace to find SuperscriptOn, position before it,
and put
	in a unique string ("string ").  I do other stuff too and then
import
	into FM.  Then in FM, I capture the character tag with Copy
Special.
	I Find "string *\>" (wildcards on) and replace By Pasting.  All
that
	DOES work great!  Then, I am simply trying to get rid of the
string,
	by replacing it with nothing -- that is when it dies.

	Any ideas of an alternative approach.  Am I being stupid?

	--
	Jay Smith

	e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com