Re: Equivalent navigation shortcuts for Windows as Mac?

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 11:22:58 -0700, "Snavely, Deborah" <dsnavely@visa.com>
wrote:

>I was appalled to discover last week that FrameMaker 5.5.3/Windows95 has
>only about one of 8 of the cursor-key shortcuts that I use routinely to
>navigate Frame files quickly.
>Hints cheerfully accepted. (Yeah, I probably should've learned the
>multi-platform UNIX escape-key sequences, but they're so long-winded!
>Shorter to pick up the mouse.)

I'm using 5.5.1, still, on NT 3.51, but it all works for me...
including the Ctrl-up and down arrows for begin/end para, the
Ctrl-PgUp and PgDn for top/bottom of column, and Alt-PgUp and
PgDn for start/end of doc.  Hmmm.  I haven't gotten around to
installing 5.5.3; the crashes stopped, and 5.5.6 is near...

Also, I know that the "help" with 5.5 is pretty depressing,
but in this area it may help.  Try the menu Help | Keyboard
Shortcuts..., then the Text item (near the bottom), and the
first item there (Insertion Point...).  And you can do it
all with the mouse!  <bg>

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/