Re: framers-digest V1 #16

Dan Emory wrote:

> One can assume from the mult-day outage that it is attributable to the fact
> that the "owner" has been busy with his conference, and his list server is
> so quirky it requires his constant attendance. Either that, or the "quirk"
> is that nothing is posted to the list until it is pre-screened for
> "correctness" by the "owner," and he's not available because of the conference.

Why do I get the feeling that you would never be happy if you didn't have something
to whinge about? Drop it already - nobody cares about your personal squabbles with
Brad, and we sure as hell don't want to see it in this forum. Ever.

Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:

> Seriously, Emil, I don't wish Brad anything but good.  I wound up
> running this because when I asked a small group to meet for a talk
> about how the problems could be improved, someone decided to send
> out my invitation to *everybody*.  Without asking me.  Ooops.  But
> by the time I knew it had happened, 200 people had voted with their
> feet already, and I wasn't about to let them down... even though a
> second full list was not my plan in the first place.

The fact that there are 200 subscribers does not necessarily reflect a migration of
people from one list to another, but a fragmentation of resources. We are now forced
to follow two lists to stay up to date - a situation that I for one consider to be
unfortunate. Please don't attach any political significance to my subscription, as I
still feel that Dan has largely been the cause of this situation (as I have made
clear to him in private correspondence). I suspect that a substantial number of
other subscibers are here for the same reason as I am, and that reason is definately
not to make a political stand against Brad.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au