Re: PDFs--clear text & graphics wanted/Thanks for PDF Woe Help

<snip>
I need to make pdf files containing bitmap screen captures that print
clearly and view clearly on screen too.

<snip>

I continue to have this problem also, even though I've tried every trick I can think of. When I change the job options in Distiller to downsample color bitmap images graphics to 200 dpi, the graphics look great if the original file was PageMaker - but use the same graphics, options, drivers, whatever in Frame and it's a different story.

By the way, thanks to all who have responded to my questions re: font problems in PDF files. Changing to a PostScript font instead of a True Type seems to take care of it. I don't know if this is of any help to anyone else, but when I had both Embed all fonts and subset fonts selected in the Distiller options, my text was completely garbled. When I unchecked one of them (in my case, I unchecked the subset option), the text turned returned to normal letters.

Vanessa