Re: Digest Heading - why pay for mail filters?

Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 12:01:11 -0500, Mike_Foster@tivoli.com wrote:
> >Are you planning on implementing a heading at the top of the digest list? I
> >have had to forego reading your new list as I do not have the time to sort
> >through each list. Please add a heading. (I didn't send this to the list
> >because I didn't think it worthy.)
>
> I do think it's unfortunate that you are missing useful information
> for such a trivial reason... but we each have our own priorities.
> Personally, I can't *stand* digests; the individual messages are much
> better for me, as my mailer sorts them to folders very efficiently and
> shows me the exact equivalent of the digest heading... but clickable.
> You might want to look at Agent if you need a more capable mail tool:
>
>   http://www.forteinc.com
>
> It also does newsgroups, and costs a whole $29.  I love it.  There's
> no way I could manage the 400 posts I get daily without it.

Why pay for the mail filters? I've been using Netscapes message center
for the last months. It does all you want - redirect mail to various
folders based on filters, handle newsgroups, group messages on the same
thread and so on. I also used the digest version some days in the old
framers list, but I soon got frustrated as it's not very easy to
responding correctly to posts, it takes time before you get answers on
your questions, you have to read (or at least browse through) even the
messages your not interested in.

If you framers out there continue having the digest version, please
respond correctly, i.e. by it's subject.

Just my humble opinion.

/ Emil

--
   |  Emil Larsson              |