Re: Framemaker to Apple's Pages

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:58:56 +0100, david <davidbo@xxxxxx> wrote:

>How can I migrate Framemaker documents to Apple's word processor
>Pages? Of course I want to keep as much structure as possible, in
>other words, RTF is not really an option (or is it?).

It would be good to find out, empirically!  Mif2Go's RTF export
is substantially better than Frame's native RTF.  But we haven't
tried it with Pages.  You can download a free demo (Win only):
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download.htm

If you find any problems with importing the resulting RTF to
Pages, please let us know, and we'll work them out.  Note
though that you'll need to run Mif2Go with a Windows version
of Frame, either on a Windows box or under VPC on the Mac.

We'd love to offer a Mac version, but so far no-one with the
required Mac FDK and C++ porting experience has been willing
to take the task on...  We can offer shared royalties on the
result, or agree to make the Mac version free (our preference),
but we cannot offer the $100K+ that would be needed to pay for
this port.  If anyone on the lists is interested, let us know!

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/