Re: Destinations in PDF from Framemaker

Leo,

You wrote:

> ... My problem is I don't know how to add named destination through
> Framemaker. Perhaps I'm close. Each field in the reference document has
> a custom marker attached to it for indexing purposes. The custom marker
> name is FieldName. The marker text for each FieldName marker is the
> field name. For example, ABC, DEF, GHI, and so on.

> How do I convert these custom markers to destinations when I create my
> PDF? I hope I don't need to add a new set of hypertext markers for each
> field.

The newlink hypertext marker will be needed to specify PDF named
destinations; using marker management utilities or scripting, it should be
relatively easy to change your FieldNames markers into hypertext markers.

But there is another issue you have to be aware of. FrameMaker adds a
variable prefix to the PDF name destination it defines. See more on this at
http://www.microtype.com/ImprovePDF.html#12
[ 24 Easy Ways to Improve Your PDFs with TimeSavers/Assistants >
Specify reliable PDF destinations ]

Shlomo Perets
Training AT MicroType com

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers
FrameMaker-to-PDF Assistants: Form, Navigation, Presentation,
Defaults, Multimedia