Re: Mif2Go Character Mapping

>>> Is there any
>>> way to suppress the conversion of high ASCII characters to HTML
entities?

>> ... Do
>> you want numeric entities like – instead of symbolic ones
>> like ©?  Or vice-versa?  Or do you want to map the chars
>> to something else, like map accented letters to unaccented?
>> Or strip them out entirely?  Or handle them as characters in a
>> different character set, as we do for Cyrillic for example?
>
> I want them to pass through as is without any conversion. Thanks.

Sounds like you want Unicode output, then. If Mif2Go is somehow
incapable of doing that (which would surprise me), XML processing
tools like xmllint can do the job in a post-processing step.
The kit is available from http://xmlsoft.org/ and runs on most
platforms.

Example: xmllint --html --noent yourfile.html >fixed.html

--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS CPE Products
"Content creators are the engine that drives