From: Peter Gold [mailto:peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 3:52 PM
To: Lee, Linda
Cc: framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Permissions error - can't open some PDFs

Hi, Linda:

There are several possibilities:

* The files are corrupted when being written to the location from where
the users are attempting to open them
* The files are not corrupted, but are being written to a location for
which they don't have permission to open files
* The files are being created from a user account that has a level of
permission that is higher than the permission level of the users who
try to open the files

None of these are FrameMaker settings. It's more likely they are
network or operating-system settings that are getting confused.

If they were Acrobat security settings, a password dialog box would
appear.

HTH

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices