Re: Adobe Certified Newsletter -- notice about FrameMaker

On Jul 23, 2005, at 3:16 AM, Paul Findon wrote:

I thought the funeral took place last year when Adobe stopped selling it. It's curious why Adobe still sells PageMaker for Mac OS 9.1 or Mac OS X (Classic mode only). I wonder why they were in such a hurry to bury FM.
<

I thought this was a commonly known one. Hasn't Adobe been trying to kill FrameMaker (even though they say they aren't,) so that Illustrator can finally get its (perceived-by-them) due? At least I _thought_ it was illustrator that the attempted death of Frame was orchestrated around. It is supposedly why Adobe purchased an amazing product to begin with, only to stagnate it and discourage significant development on it, all the while planning the whole "Creative Suite" take-over. (Too bad the take-over never happened as they planned.)

Abbas.
www.winkinglotus.com/az
"OWNING WINTEL IS TOO D***ED EXPENSIVE for
anyone who cares one whit about their money or
their profits." http://www.securityawareness.blogspot.com