RE: Adobe Certified Newsletter -- notice about FrameMaker

>>> My advice, for what it's worth, is don't rule out Frame on
>>> Windows without first giving it a serious look. I wasn't
>>> thrilled with giving up my Mac for daily work, but the move
>>> wasn't nearly as difficult as I expected.
>
>> Good point. We should also not rule out MS Word without giving
>> it a serious look. I wouldn't be thrilled with giving up Frame
>> for daily work, but Word isn't that difficult to deal with. It
>> also has the advantages of being universal and having a large
>> developer community.
>
> ... except that templates don't work if you mix auto-numbered
> paragraphs, indentation control and styles. It crashes frequently.
> Large documents are unwieldly and sometimes become so corrupted they
> can't be edited. Style modifications require navigation through
> menus. Placing graphics is difficult, the built-in drawing package is
> very primitive ... and so on and so on.
>
> Word is great for letters and simple documents up to about 100 pages.
> But beyond that I'd do just about anything to get away from it.

I guess I'm just too subtle for this crowd. :-P  We're here
using Frame instead of the "industry standard" authoring tool
because, at least for us, it just works better. Some of us are
also using Macs instead of the "industry standard" OS because,
at least for us, Macs work better.

If we're going to "assimilate," why not go all the way?

--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS
"Content creators are the engine that drives