RE: Adobe Certified Newsletter -- notice about FrameMaker

Larry;

... except that templates don't work if you mix auto-numbered paragraphs, indentation control and styles. It crashes frequently. Large documents are unwieldly and sometimes become so corrupted they can't be edited. Style modifications require navigation through menus. Placing graphics is difficult, the built-in drawing package is very primitive ... and so on and so on.

Word is great for letters and simple documents up to about 100 pages. But beyond that I'd do just about anything to get away from it.

- David Crowe

At 9:02 AM -0400 7/20/05, Larry Kollar wrote:
> My advice, for what it's worth, is don't rule out Frame on
 Windows without first giving it a serious look. I wasn't
 thrilled with giving up my Mac for daily work, but the move
 wasn't nearly as difficult as I expected.

Good point. We should also not rule out MS Word without giving it a serious look. I wouldn't be thrilled with giving up Frame for daily work, but Word isn't that difficult to deal with. It also has the advantages of being universal and having a large developer community. Just set up some templates and customize the interface to your liking, and you're on your way.

--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS
"Content creators are the engine that drives