RE: Default anchored frame position

Hi Stéphane,

Some information that may help you is on page 304 of the FrameMaker 7.1
Structure Application Developer's Guide. Are you using a one-of-a-kind EDD or
custom DTD? I'm not sure how to write the rule for your specific case. But I am
interested in seeing how you do it. Maybe you can provide us with the solution
you use.

Below are the read/write rules I am using, which default to an attribute value
of "below" for the FrameMaker "position" attribute.

To get one of the other legal values for the "position" attribute (listed on
page 304), I think I would need to map one of the "imagedata" element's unused
attributes to the FrameMaker "position" attribute.

Let's say my "imagedata" element had an unused "style" attribute. I would add:

attribute "style" is fm property position;

to the read write rule for the "imagedata" element.

Then in the EDD, to make everything closer to correct, I think I would need to
make the "style" attribute a choice attribute using the legal values listed on
page 304.

I think that is the way to do it. If I am wrong, perhaps one of the experts will
make a correction.

**********
        element "imagedata"
          {
            is fm graphic element "imagedata";
            notation attribute "align"
              {
                is fm property alignment;
                value "left" is fm property value align left;
                value "center" is fm property value align center;
                value "right" is fm property value align right;
              }
            attribute "fileref" is fm property file;
            attribute "entityref"
              {
                is fm property entity;
                is fm attribute;
              }
            attribute "width" is fm property width;
            attribute "depth" is fm property height;
            attribute "role" is fm property import size;
            attribute "condition" is fm property cropped;
          }

Steve Whitlatch