RE: Workflow

Gee, I'd just love to have the developers actually review the book. Our
current review process seems to be: release the document and have users
send e-mails to support when something doesn't work as documented.

With a 1000+ page developer's guide, it's a scary life I lead. It's
comforting to know that there are still places where documents are
reviewed. I have worked in such companies in the past. I liked the
company where all reviewers had a full version of Acrobat, we passed one
file around, and each reviewer could read the comments of others and put
in their comments in a different color. That was before Acrobat 7, of
course, which is the route I would choose now if I actually needed a
review process.

-- Barbara Szczesniak

waynefb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> We're having a workflow brainstorming session at work and from it we
came away with limited solutions. I'm curious if anybody else has their
reviewers directly edit frame documents, or how people are doing
reviews. We have several people which need to review documents and they
are located in several locations across the globe. The current idea is
to use CVS and have them checkout the Frame document, mark it up and
check it back in (we would control the commit process). But, I'm not
sure how well this will work with multiple reviewers looking at the same
document at the same time. While PDF might still be an option, nobody is
thrilled with that option since it is a very tedious process for
everybody involved.

> If people have ideas, please feel free to contact me off list if you
don't think this list is the right place for this discussion.

> Regards,
> Wayne

Secrecy, being an instrument of conspiracy, ought never to be the system
of a regular government. -Jeremy Bentham, jurist and philosopher
(1748-1832)

Clare Stewart
Research Assistant
Clinical Trials Methodology Group