Re: Workflow

on 5/31/2005 6:43 AM waynefb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
We're having a workflow brainstorming session at work and from it we came away with limited solutions. I'm curious if anybody else has their reviewers directly edit frame documents, or how people are doing reviews. We have several people which need to review documents and they are located in several locations across the globe. The current idea is to use CVS and have them checkout the Frame document, mark it up and check it back in (we would control the commit process). But, I'm not sure how well this will work with multiple reviewers looking at the same document at the same time. While PDF might still be an option, nobody is thrilled with that option since it is a very tedious process for everybody involved.

We never allow reviewers access to FrameMaker source files. We have conducted online reviews successfully using both Acrobat and Final Draft. Reviewers seem to prefer Acrobat, while content authors seem to prefer Final Draft. Both are viable solutions, though.

-- David Knopf ~ Knopf Online ~ www.knopf.com

 Please send follow-up questions to the list.
 Contact me directly with business inquiries or comments.