RE: Acrobat 5 Job Options to Acrobat 7

Thank you to Phil Heron for pushing me in the right direction!

First of all, before you uninstall your previous Acrobat version, save
your job options somewhere. In Acrobat 5, these were located in
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\Settings.

In Acrobat 7, open Advanced>Acrobat Distiller. When the Distiller
application opens, open Settings>Add Adobe PDF Settings.
In the Open dialog box, choose a job options file to import to the
Distiller.
Unfortunately, you can only import one of these files at a time (BIG
AARGH!), and each time I opened this dialog again, it would open to the
default My Documents location, and I had to find the relevant folder
again (DOUBLE AARGH!). I certainly recommend that before importing
several job options, place them in either My Documents or a location
that's easy to access from there.

<Cross-posted to Framers, Free Framers, and Techshoret>

David Schor
Technical Publications Manager
VCON Ltd.
Tel: (+972) 9 9590006