RE: Text Options importing problem

Jeremy Griffith wrote:

> I was especially worried that if imported into a book, all
> the document properties, including numbering, would get
> reset.  I just tested that, importing the little MIF file I
> suggested earlier into the Mif2Go User's Guide, a 600-page
> book of many chapters, and I'm sorry to report a disaster.
<snip>
> This is most unfortunate.  It means that this apparently
> simple and effective technique is practically unusable for
> Document properties (though it would be fine for bringing in
> one or two formats by themselves).

That's a real shame, because Doc Props is the category where it would be
*most* helpful.

IMO, the Document Properties category is the worst-thought-out part of
Import Formats. It includes settings that, more often than not, should
be the same in all files of a book (or even a project or company), such
as Footnote Properties, Text Options, and PDF Setup. But it also
includes Numbering Properties, which are *highly unlikely* to be the
same across a whole book, much less a larger set of files.

There really should be a separate check box for Numbering Properties.
The dialog box even has an unused space for it. If anyone from Adobe is
still reading this list, consider this a feature request for FM8. :-)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer