RE: Bleed tabs and registration marks

> Select a page size bigger than 8.5x11 in Page Setup.

I've been trying to do that.  What I am confused by is that there are several places to adjust page size.  For example, I can alter the page size of the actual Framemaker document, the page size in the PDF setup, and the paper size for the Acrobat Distiller printer.

It seems to me that the Framemaker page layout should remain at 8.5x11 inches and that the "paper" for the PDF should be 11x17.  When I try doing this in various ways, I see an error message indicating that the registration marks will not fit on the paper selected.  The resulting PDF is always 8.5x11 with no bleed or registration marks.

I must be doing something wrong but with so many variables, I'm not sure what.  I have tried and am continuing to try many different combinations of settings.

I'm sorry to clog the list with this naive question.  I did try the frameusers site with no luck.

Peter Desjardins