Re: Change Bars

Try shifting the text frames on your master pages. If the margins on your Left master page are the same as the margins on your Right master page, then "Closer to Page Edge" and "Farther from Page Edge" will have the same result. But if you move the left text frame slightly to the left and the right one slightly to the right, Frame can tell the difference.

Yes, it would be better if you could get the same behavior as with anchored frames: "Side Closer to/Farther from Binding", but it doesn't work that way.

HTH,
Ian

Rita Lewis wrote:

I'm having trouble getting change bars to appear on the outside edge of
odd and even pages. I've tried the "Choose Side Closer to Page Edge" and
"Choose Side Farther from Page Edge," but the bar appears on the same
side on all pages (left or right, respectively). I'm using FrameMaker
7.1. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do?