Re: Acrobat 7 and compatibility with Catalog 4.0 Search functionality

I would also love to hear what Adobe plans for Catalog for UNIX and Linux Readers. For one client I have to compile Catalog indexes in Acrobat 5 or 4 to maintain compatibility with Solaris, because the Solaris Reader does not use Catalog version 6 indexes. The Linux Reader does not recognize ANY version of Catalog index.

Mark Giffin

Carol J. Elkins wrote:
Dov,

The reason that I did not upgrade to Acrobat 6 is because my clients have hundreds of PDF files in circulation whose indexes were created using Catalog version 4.0 and thus are not compatible with Acrobat 6's search functionality. Is there any hope that these indexes will be compatible with Acrobat 7's search functionality? (Something tells me that the news will not be good.)

Carol