Re: Why Upgrade to & Some Information About Acrobat 7!

At 12/2/2004 06:01 AM, Roger W. Fienhold Sheen wrote:
>Dov,
>
>Thanks for the details on Acrobat 7. Your post answers most of the questions a Framer might have, but I still have two:
>
>* Does Distiller 7.0 validate internal named destinations?
>
>* Have the installation default settings for the "Adobe PDF" PostScript printer driver instance been improved over v6?
>
>That is, will we still need to "tweak" the settings for best results (as you described in your "Installing & Configuring Acrobat for Fun & Profit" presentation)?
>

>Regards,
>
>Roger

Roger,

(1) I don't believe that Distiller 7 does anything different
with internal named destinations than does Distiller 6. They
are implemented by the PDFMark facility which essentially
passes data as-is into the resultant PDF file.

(2) The default settings for the "Adobe PDF" PostScript printer
driver instance are the same as for Acrobat 6 and in my humble
opinion, need the same tweaking as for Acrobat 6.

        - Dov