Re: Why Upgrade to & Some Information About Acrobat 7!

Jay,

Color Chameleon performs at least two functions by preprocessing
the PostScript prior to distillation. It can convert RGB color to
CMYK and it can map certain RGB combinations into spot colors.

The capability of creating CMYK PDF from RGB PostScript is now
a function within Distiller for Acrobat 7 Pro and no extra step
is at all involved. However, the function of mapping certain
defined RGB combinations into spot colors is not available with
the Distiller. If you are using spot colors in FrameMaker and
want those to remain in the resultant PDF, you will need a product
such as Color Chameleon or Enfocus Pitstop. The latter can covert
to spot colors after distillation.

        - Dov