Removing page numbers from dictionary-style headers in Index

I posted this message to the FrameMaker forum, but haven't gotten any
response. I thought I'd try here for help too.

I use a running h/f variable to create dictionary-style headers in my
Index (<$paratext[Level1IX]> \= <$paratext[+,Level1IX]>). Apparently, I
have never before attached page numbers to my first-level index
entries--all had a sub-entry or the page didn't end with that level 1.

Anyway, in my current book, I have been using ranges of pages at some of
the level 1s and have some level 1s with no subentries. This
unfortunately results in page numbers in some of my headers (for
example: adding - Bound Form components 374-385). Does anyone know how
to strip out the page numbers from the headers?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Barbara Szczesniak
ClearNova, Inc.
770.442.8324 x6520 voice