Re: converting from referenced to embedded graphics & exporting to Word

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:21:01 -0500, "Stevens, Karen \(GE
Healthcare, non-ge\)" <Karen.Stevens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I need to provide Word files to the developer in charge of
>creating training docs. Usually, I crank .fm files through
>the Japanese RTF filter, but that eliminates all the graphics.
>I tried the included Frame-to-Word translation tool, but aside
>from taking forever, it stripped out a couple of graphics.
>Is there a process that will convert all of the referenced
>graphics to embedded graphics that will be retained in situ
>by a Frame-to-Word translation?

Well, when Mif2Go produces Word RTF files from Frame,
it never drops any graphics on the floor... and it
takes only seconds rather than "forever".  GE has quite
a few licenses, nationwide; maybe your division would
consider buying you one too.  ;-)  If you download
the sample version from:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download/samp33u40.zip
and convert your Frame file, you'll see that you get all
the graphics embedded in the Word RTF.

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/