Re: Tabs in para tags in table cells?

Another approach that I've used is to get a tab on the clipboard and then just paste it in.

- David Crowe

At 10:37 PM -0700 9/28/04, Allen Schaaf wrote:
Hi,

I did this long, complex table in 6.5 pt. type then they decided that they really wanted two element in one series of cells.

I thought (yeah, yeah... :) that I would just add a tab to the tag and then align them that way. Buzz. Wrong!

Every time I try to tab it takes me to the next cell. I can't find anything in the TFD-N! that covers this nor can I find it mentioned anywhere in any of the archives I've checked.

Clues?

Or am I just going to have to bite the bullet and add columns, span them where I don't need tabbed entries and leave them alone where I need placement of the second element? Turning off the vertical line dividing each non-spanned cell of course.

Ugh! Two hundred and fifty or so rows and about 400 cells. Plus I'll probably have to go to 6 point type. Ugly on a 600dpi printer.

Best to you and yours,

Allen Schaaf
Information Engineering

"There's more to life than increasing its speed."
  -- Mahatma Gandhi