RE: more on Frame losing .png files; floating anchors solved

Me>> They've been turned into FrameVectors...! How did that happen?
>> And, more importantly, how do I prevent it from happening again?

Thomas Michanek> I haven't heard of that problem before. There is a
> somewhat similar error report for FrameVectors and JPEG graphics:
Argh. Three guesses what I spent most of Wednesday doing... good
thing I made a branch. I picked jpegs to get around the 256-color
limitation.

> Do you import some graphics by "copy into document"?
Nope. Never. Learned not to from you and other Framers, years ago
(before this list existed).

> Do you use many different or "odd" image formats?
Nope. Just the .png files. There were a few legacy TIFFs that would
morph into grey boxes as I was working on a doc, so those were
converted and/or replaced.

> Is your document very large in pages or file size?
Pages: 16. File size: 1795 K.

> Has your document been converted many times from older FM versions?
I inherited it, so I don't truly know. The product is still in
development. I've converted the file only once, from 6.x to 7.0.

> Have some of the contents been imported from Word files?
Possibly, but again, long ago.

> Try going the MIF conversion route for the document and/or
> recreate the document by copy/paste into a fresh, empty
> template document. You may need to reimport all graphics.

The suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ananda
--