floating anchors... and Frame losing .png files

Hi all,

I've run into the annoying problem of having several referenced graphics become "no file referenced". They were originally .png files. I haven't yet scoped the full extent of the problem, but suspect it's extensive, based on what I'm seeing in just one chapter. Does anyone know if this is related to .png files? I can't query the Adobe forums because of corporate "chat room" web filters.

A possibly related annoyance I ran across:

The following paragraph structure is fairly common in this section:

conditional paragraph
step 1
graphic anchor paragraph
<graphic 1>
step 2 (two lines of text)
graphic anchor paragraph
<graphic 2>
step 3 (two lines of text)

etc....

When I hide the conditional paragraph, I end up with

step 1
step 2 line 1
<graphic 1>
step 2 line 2
step 3 line 1
<graphic 2>
step 3 line 2

etc.

I'm trying to look at the .mif, but Frame and Word have both been choking on the file size. That's got my CPU pegged, so I can't even find out where the list archives are to search those.

Any suggestions??

--K. Ananda Stevens