Re: Mif2Go: Collapsing 2 paragraphs into one

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:17:27 -0400, "Rick Quatro" <frameexpert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I have a client that is using a run-in head, followed by another paragraph.
>The paragraphs are formatted so that they look like a single paragraph
>visually. In his HTML output, he would like these 2 paragraphs to output as
>a single H1 paragraph. Is there a way to do this with Mif2Go? Thanks in
>advance.

In Mif2Go, the default for run-in heads is to use the para format
of the following para (the one the head runs into), modified by
using the first-line indent and space before of the run-in head.
The char formatting of the run-in is preserved as is.  This is
usually exactly what is wanted (since HTML itself has no run-ins).

However, Rick's query leads us to believe that one may want to
base the tag used for the combined para on the para format name
of the run-in, rather than on that of the following para.  So we
have added a mif2htm.ini setting to accomplish this:

  [HTMLOptions]
  ; UseRunInTag = No (default, get tag from body para) or Yes (from runin)
  UseRunInTag=No

If Rick had, say, a run-in Head4 and then Body, he would set:
  [HTMLOptions]
  UseRunInTag=Yes
and then map:
  [ParaStyles]
  Head4=H1
to get the result he wants.  This feature will be in our next
release, due out next week; we'll send a beta of the dwhtm.dll
with it to anyone who wants it (licensed or not).

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/